1. Why Shree S. K. Patel College of Pharm. Edu. & Res., Ganpat University?
Ans. College is a well-established center of excellence for imparting education in Pharmacy at B.Pharm., M.Pharm. and Ph.D. levels.
· 20 glorious years of academic excellence.
· Approved by All India Council for technical Education (AICTE)-New Delhi
· Approved by Pharmacy Council of India (PCI)- New Delhi for B.Pharm and M.Pharm
· Accredited by National Board of Accreditation (NBA-AICTE), New Delhi (Only Pharmacy College in Gujarat having accreditation for 5 years.
· Only college having FDCA approved Tablet/Capsule Manufacturing unit in college in the state of Gujarat
· All faculty are doctorate
· Excellent Infrastructure and facilities.
· Semester system, timely completion of courses and timely award of degrees.
· Highest pass percentage with top university ranks
· AICTE scholarships of Rs. 12400 per month to GPAT qualified M. Pharm. Students for entire two year course.
· Education loan without interest to needy B. Pharm. and M. Pharm. Students.
· Scholarships to top 3 rank students in each semester of B.Pharm and M.Pharm.
· Five day per week teaching schedule (10 am to 5 pm).
· Regular teachers counseling with students for their betterment (1 teacher for 15 students).
· Industrial visits (Within Gujarat) and tours (Outside Gujarat also).
· Regular Extra & Co -Curricular activities.
· Alumni placed throughout India and abroad at reputed positions.
2. What courses are being offered by the college and of what duration?
· B.Pharm-8 semesters
· M. Pharm.–4 semesters in Pharmaceutics, QA and Pharmacology
3. What is the eligibility and procedure for getting admission in B. Pharm.?
· 45 % marks (40 % in case of reservation) with Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Mathematics.
4. What is Admission procedure?
· B. Pharm-75 seats through ACPC, Ahmedabad and 25 seats management quota.
· M. Pharm- 75 % through ACPC and 25 % management quota.
5. What is the intake capacity for the course?
· B. Pharm-100 seats.
· M. Pharm- 66 seats (PCI Approved)
· Continuous evaluation (CE-40 %) and Semester End University Examinations (SE-60 %). Passing Standard 40 %.
7. Is the Degree valid all over the world, approved by UGC 2(f), AICTE and AIU?
· The University Grants Commission (UGC) has granted approval to Ganpat University with effect from 05-02-2007 under Section 2(f), and the University is a member of All India University (AIU), New Delhi.
8. What is the fee of program?
· B.Pharm.: Rs. 44500/- per semester (Note:The revised fee circular shall be applicable to the undergraduate)
· M.Pharm.: Rs. 72,000/ - per semester (Note:The revised fee circular shall be applicable)
· Well-equipped classrooms with modern teaching tools
· 100 mbps Wi-Fi enabled campus
· Well-equipped library, stacked with domestic and international journals/ magazines and latest textbooks and reference books
· Instrumentation laboratories with highly sophisticated instruments like
Ø High Performance Liquid Chromatography with auto sampler (4 Nos.)
Ø UV Spectrophotometer (6 Nos.)
Ø Gas Chromatography
Ø High Performance Thin Layer Chromatography
Ø Ion chromatography, Spectrofluorimeter
Ø Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy
Ø Differential scanning calorimetry
Ø Particle size analyzer
Ø Haematology Analyzer
Ø Semi Automatic Biochemistry Analyzer
Ø Students’ Physiograph
Ø Digital Plethysmograph etc.
· Highly qualified, technically competent and experienced faculties
· AC Seminar Hall (200 Capacity)
10. Are placements provided by your institute?
· Very good track record of placement of student
· Separate training and placement cell.
· 100% placement assistance based on student interest.
· The college is regularly conducting campus interviews.
· Support for developing soft skills, communication skills, career development and personality development.
Major recruiters are:
Ø Zydus Cadila
Ø Sun Pharmaceuticals
Ø Astorn Research Centre
Ø Torrent Research Centre
Ø Amneal Pharmaceutical Ltd
Ø Alembic Pharmaceutical Ltd
Ø Intas Pharmaceutical Ltd
Ø Emcure Pharmaceuticals Pvt. Ltd
Ø Famy Care India Ltd.
Ø Corel Chem Pharma
Ø Veeda Clinical Research
Ø TCS India Ltd. etc.
11. Is there any scholarship/ stipends/ fee waiver is provided by the institution?
· For GPAT qualified M.Pharm. Candidate’s scholarship is provided by AICTE/MHRD.
· The students admitted under Tuition Fee Waiver scheme- Tuition Fee waived
· The scholarships provided by State Govt. for SC/ST can be availed as per government norms.
· The college provides scholarships to meritorious students of Ganpat University examination, ranging from Rs. 17500 to Rs. 51000 depending on their rank.
· The college provides scholarships of 25,000/- to all M. Pharm. Students. (Note:The revised scholership circular shall be applicable )
12. Is college provides hostel facility?
· Yes, Separate Hostel for boys (Rs. 31000/- year) and girls (Rs. 27000/- year) which includes Breakfast, lunch and dinner, Accommodation in well furnished room, Hot water, Mineral water, Internet Wi-Fi link with 1 GBPS of bandwidth..
13.What about transportation facility?
· Transportation facility is available from Ahmedabad (All Area), Gandhinagar, Mahesana, Unjha, Kalol, Palanpur, Himmatnagar, Patan, Siddhpur and Visnagar with reasonable rates.
· Seminar/ workshop, guest lecture, personality development programmes, Industry visit and tour, Youth festival, One day picnics, orientation programme, Annual event (cultural event), Navaratri celebration, debate, elocution competitions, NSS and Adventure Camps, Sports activities (State level and National level) etc.
15.Is there any sports facility at the campus?
· Cricket Ground, Loan Tennis Court, Volley Ball Ground, Foot Ball Ground, Hand Ball Ground, Indoor Games, Gymnasium, Swimming pool etc.
16.What about other amenities on campus?
· Banking facilities with ATMs, Post office, Shopping Center, Canteen and Dispensary.
17.What are the future scopes after securing the B. Pharmacy Degree?
· Jobs in government and private sectors like Production & Manufacturing of Pharmaceutical / Cosmetic products, Research & Development in pharmaceutical industries (R & D), Regulatory Affairs, Analysis & Testing (Quality Control /Quality Assurance),Lecturer in govt./private degree/diploma colleges, Drug Inspector (DI) / Food Inspector, Government pharmacist, Consultancy services, Marketing Manager, Hospital Pharmacist, Community Pharmacist, Documentation, Library Information Services & Pharma. Journalism, Higher Studies (India/ Abroad), Opportunities Abroad.