Experienced faculty members of department have identified core area of research in pharmacology and toxicology facet for PhD and MPharm dissertation projects.
- Aldose Reductase inhibition using rats lens
- PPAR-gamma agonistic assay
- Anti-Stroke using PC12 cell line
- Antidiabetic activity
- Cytotoxicity studies
- Antioxidant activity
- Enzyme inhibitory activity
- Chromosomal aberration assay
- Ames test
- Micronucleus assay
- Hepatoprotective activity
- Antiobesity activity
- Inflammation disease models: - General models of inflammation - Allergic asthma in vivo model - Arthritis in-vivo inflammation models - Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) in-vivo models.
- CNS models: - Cognition enhancer - Antidepressant - Anti-anxiety - Sedative/hypnotics - Anti convulsant - Anti psychotics.
- Pain models: - Nociception pain models using hot plate and tail flick models - Neuropathic pain model- diabetic neuropathy - Inflammatory pain model- carrageenan and formaldehyde.
- Ischemia reperfusion injury model: - stroke and Myocardial Ischemia.
- Endocrine disease model: - single dose of STZ treated Type-I diabetes model - STZ+ HFD model for Type-II diabetes - HFD model for obesity.
- CVS models: -Coronary artery ligation model for myocardial infarction - DOCA-salt induced hypertension in rats - Fructose induced hypertension in rats - Two Kidney One Clip model for hypertension.
- Toxicity studies: - Single, repeated dose toxicity study - Dermal Irritation toxicity study - Biocompatibility study - Mutagenicity - Genotoxicity Preclinical Contract Research Organization (CRO) Department of Pharmacology, S.K Patel College of Pharmaceutical Education & Research is a Pre-clinical contract research organization (CRO) providing in vitro and in vivo efficacy studies for endocrinal, inflammatory, neurology and toxicology fields. Our approach and capability is aligned to a mechanistic development program. We offer pre clinical in vitro and in vivo assays that deliver important mechanistic data informing efficacy study design. In addition to providing the traditional values of reproducibility, efficient timelines and quality reporting, our preclinical contract services are characterized with:
- Custom study design and data interpretation by highly experienced scientists
- Collaborative approach during the scientific process to meet study objectives
- Capability to develop new models to fulfill unmet needs We have also expertise to prepare protocol for clinical studies viz. Bioavailability and Bioequivalence studies and Drug Master File/Dossier for excipients and/or drug substance according to different regulatory agencies.